TAA has established a series of UK Regional Branches and Overseas Branches, as described below. The Overseas Branches are coordinated by the Branches Coordinator. If you are interested in supporting a branch in the UK or overseas, or keen to establish one, please contact the Branches Coordinator.
Our UK regional branches have exciting programmes of one-day meetings, often as seminars with presentations and discussions, and the occasional field trip for members and guests. The meetings are held at institutes, colleges or universities, are often as joint meetings with the host organization and offer opportunities for networking. The subjects are wide-ranging and focus on topics that are of current interest to world agriculture development. Contact the relevant branch convenors for further information. Forthcoming meetings are listed in the relevant edition of Agriculture for Development and on the website Events pages.
Our UK Branches include:
- East Anglia
- North of England
We continue to encourage overseas branches, particularly in India, the Caribbean and SE Asia, aimed at fostering networking and exchanges of ideas between members.
Our Overseas Branches include:
- India – TAA maintains close links with a number of individuals and institutes in India.
- Caribbean – An informal networking link with Caribbean institutes, including CARDI.
- Thailand – An informal contact member in Thailand for links within SE Asia
- Pacific – An informal contact member in Fiji for other regional island states.
- Zambia/Southern Africa – Based in Ndola, organises workshops and seminars